CLIENT CHARTER of RIGHTS and RESPONSIBILITIES
B Miles Women’s Foundation is committed to working with you in a respectful way that protects your dignity, is fair, and does not discriminate.
- You will be treated in a professional, courteous and caring manner that respects and appreciates differences related to race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, disability and age.
- Your personal privacy will be respected and the personal and health information we hold about you will be handled in accordance with relevant laws. We will explain what this means when you access our services and programs.
- You have the right to use our service if you meet the eligibility criteria and if our service matches your needs and what we are funded to provide.
- We will work in partnership with you to identify your needs and to develop a plan with you and other agencies to meet your needs.
- You have the right to put forward a complaint and we will respond in a confidential, respectful and timely way.
- We will inform you of your rights and responsibilities when you receive our services.
- Service users will have representation in the decision-making processes of the organisation.
- We will provide you with information about the services that might be available to you so that you can make informed decisions about your options.
- We aim for you to feel safe and we will have systems in place to ensure protection from harm.
- You can expect our service to meet health and safety requirements.
- We will regularly ask for your opinions, and seek suggestions on the services we offer.
As a client of B Miles Women’s Foundation you have a responsibility to:
- Be respectful of others, including staff and other clients.
- Be respectful of B Miles Women’s Foundation property.
- Be an active participant in your service.
- Participate in a clinical treatment plan to support your mental health and wellbeing.
- Provide consent for your B Miles Case Manager to have contact with your clinicians to ensure that you are being supported in your recovery.
- Accept reasonable offers of accommodation or housing.
- Not have blanket exclusions in relation to housing providers.
- Participate in the service in a fit state (not under the influence of drugs or alcohol).
- Maintain confidentiality regarding information about other clients in the program.
- Provide accurate information about yourself in order to receive appropriate service.
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following staff direction in relation to health and safety.
B Miles Women’s Foundation is committed to promoting and implementing a feedback system as a means to improve and address problems with service delivery and to enhance the performance of the organisation, staff and programs by:
- Responding to feedback in a fair, efficient and timely manner
- Addressing feedback in an objective and impartial manner
- Taking reasonable steps to ensure that people making complaints are not adversely affected because a complaint is made
- Regarding complaints as a valuable source of feedback
- Focussing on fixing issues, improving systems and implementing changes as a result of feedback.
To provide B Miles Women’s Foundation with feedback about its programs, staff or conduct, please do one of the following;
1. Complete our Survey
2. Write to us
3. Contact Community Services Client Complaints
Following consideration of the feedback or complaint and an investigation into the issues raised, B Miles Women’s Foundation will contact the person making the complaint and advise them:
- The outcome of the complaint and any action taken
- The reason/s for our decision
- The remedy or resolution/s that we have proposed or put in place, and
- Options for review that may be available to the complainant, such as an internal review, external review or appeal.
Feedback from a Service User
I consider myself very fortunate to have been referred to your service which became my home for a period nine months. I never thought that I’d become ill and homeless, your service helped me to face these challenges without fear and in complete comfort.
During my stay I received ongoing support and care without which I honestly don’t know where I’d be now. You made it possible for me to hope for better times.
You became a family to me that endured the weight of my recovery, there was never a moment, during my stay, when I felt alone on my journey. On the (date deleted) it’ll be a year since my hospital discharge and I cannot thank you enough for helping me to stay out of the system.
It’ll be my first year, in a period of two years, that I remained hospital free and I consider it a major achievement. I strongly believe that BMSA made it possible for me not only to remain in the community but to flourish in the process.
I want to thank you for every aspect of my recovery be it a healthy, hot meal every night or an opportunity to share my turbulent experience of recovery and reintegration.
Upon my hospital discharge I was destitute and hopeless, I had no one to turn to when BMSA gently and lovingly guided me towards stable housing, much needed clinical support and reassurance that I’m not alone and voiceless.
Connect with us
1800 011 511
B Miles Women’s Foundation holds Certificate level Australian Service Excellence Standards accreditation. This independent accreditation process provides our stakeholders assurance that a commitment to quality underpins every level of our service.