Client charter of rights and responsibilities
B Miles Women’s Foundation is committed to working with you in a respectful way that protects your dignity, is fair, and does not discriminate.
- You will be treated in a professional, courteous and caring manner that respects and appreciates differences related to race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, disability and age.
- Your personal privacy will be respected and the personal and health information we hold about you will be handled in accordance with relevant laws. We will explain what this means when you access our services and programs.
- You have the right to use our service if you meet the eligibility criteria and if our service matches your needs and what we are funded to provide.
- We will work in partnership with you to identify your needs and to develop a plan with you and other agencies to meet your needs.
- You have the right to put forward a complaint and we will respond in a confidential, respectful and timely way.
- We will inform you of your rights and responsibilities when you receive our services.
- Service users will have representation in the decision-making processes of the organisation.
- We will provide you with information about the services that might be available to you so that you can make informed decisions about your options.
- We aim for you to feel safe and we will have systems in place to ensure protection from harm.
- You can expect our service to meet health and safety requirements.
- We will regularly ask for your opinions, and seek suggestions on the services we offer.
As a client of B Miles Women’s Foundation you have a responsibility to:
- Be respectful of others, including staff and other clients.
- Be respectful of B Miles Women’s Foundation property.
- Be an active participant in your service.
- Participate in a clinical treatment plan to support your mental health and wellbeing.
- Provide consent for your B Miles Case Manager to have contact with your clinicians to ensure that you are being supported in your recovery.
- Accept reasonable offers of accommodation or housing.
- Not have blanket exclusions in relation to housing providers.
- Participate in the service in a fit state (not under the influence of drugs or alcohol).
- Maintain confidentiality regarding information about other clients in the program.
- Provide accurate information about yourself in order to receive appropriate service.
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following staff direction in relation to health and safety.