Tell us what you think
We’re committed to ensuring that any person or organisation using our services or affected by our operations has the right to:
- provide feedback
- make a complaint
- give a compliment, and
- appeal a decision.
If you need information in your own language or wish to speak with us via the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS), please call the TIS on 131 450 and ask them to call us on 1800 274 984.
How can I give a compliment, make a complaint or give feedback?
How can I appeal a decision made by B Miles Women’s Foundation?
If you disagree with a decision we make, you can request to have the decision appealed. All appeals must be lodged within 30 days of being notified of a decision. Appeals should be made via our appeals form.
What to expect when making a complaint or requesting an appeal
Our CEO is responsible for processing complaints and appeals and for ensuring all feedback, complaints and appeals are addressed in ways that uphold access and equity, fairness, accountability and transparency. If a complaint is about the CEO, the complaint will be forwarded to the Board of Management for review.
After receiving your complaint, our CEO will:
- Inform you in writing within 72 hours of receiving your feedback of what is being done to investigate your complaint or review your appeal and the expected timeframe for resolution. Every effort will be taken to resolve the complaint or process the appeal within one month of receiving it. If this timeframe cannot be met, we will let you know the reasons why and provide you with an alternative timeframe.
- The CEO will notify you of the outcome of your complaint or appeal in writing.
What to do if you are not satisfied with the outcome
If you’re not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint or appeal, you can seek a further review by writing to our Board of Management, PO Box 729 Edgecliff Sydney NSW 2027, or requesting an external review by contacting one of the below organisations.
Request an external review about a complaint by contacting:
- Complaints Unit Community Services
P: Reply Paid 63437 Complaints Unit Community Services, Locked Bag 4028, Ashfield NSW 2131
T: 1800 000 164
- NSW Ombudsman’s Office
T: 1800 451 524
Request an external review about an appeal by contacting:
- Housing Appeals Committee
T: 1800 629 794
- NSW Registrar of Community Housing
P: Registrar of Community Housing, Locked Bag 4001, Ashfield BC 1800
T: 1800 330 940
- NSW Civil and Administrative Appeals Tribunal (NCAT)
T: 1300 006 228
Determining which of the above independent agencies is best placed to deal with your complaint or appeal, will depend on factors including your tenancy or service agreement, and the nature of your complaint or decision to be appealed.
If you need help identifying which agency to contact, please get in touch with us and we can provide advice and arrange assistance.